Best Linux Hosting
Linux Hosting is the most popular Hosting Service on the market. Over 70% of the host providers use the Linux operating system in their services.
When you are offered a budget-friendly hosting plan, chances are that they base it on Linux OS.
Linux was designed in 1991 by Finnish engineer, Linus Torvalds. An open-source operating system that took the world like a storm.
It quickly became popular within the developers’ community, because of its flexibility. They continuously improve, reinvent and maintain this amazing operating system.
A fun fact: Tux the penguin, became the Linux mascot in 1996. As an homage to a cute little penguin who bit Mr. Torvalds in the Zoo, and also because Mr. Torvalds likes penguins.
Since Linux is free software, companies can adopt it and develop their own operating systems from it. Google Chrome OS is effectively a version of Linux. Not to mention Android owes it a lot too.
Compared to Linux, Windows platforms are more restrictive. There is little surprise that Hosting Providers prefer this open-source operating system.
Open source means that the source code can be freely modified and redistributed. This results in low costs and great customisation in server abilities and user options.
What is Linux Hosting used for?
For almost any kind of website, Linux Hosting is your best bet. Whether you want to start a big e-commerce store or launch a revolutionary blog, Linux hosting has a lot to offer. Its incredible flexibility guarantees a website that gives your visitors the best UX experience.
Linux Hosting is user-friendly, less restricted than other hosting options. It gives you free rein with design. You can configure your back-end and front-end any way you want to.
It also gives you access to the source code, you can code and build your website however you wish to.
Or if you are not a developer, many Linux Hosting packages let you do one-click script installation. This way you can create unique websites, to fit your needs.
Because it is open-source, Linux Hosting is compatible with most of the applications and CMS tools that developers need. Thanks to the flexibility of the system, you can create a lightweight design that runs smoothly with good load times.
Linux Hosting is not only flexible; it is dynamic. It can be adjusted on shared servers to accommodate sudden peaks in traffic. You can adjust shared server resources. This way your website can handle extra traffic – instead of being charged extra or being cut off.
This option is very useful because your website will run smoothly. It won’t crash or stop working when the traffic suddenly increases.
Also, unlimited bandwidth and data transfer are useful features. If your website manages the download of large video files, audio or PDF files. It guarantees smooth operation and speedy loading times.
But if you have a complex website or a huge forum to manage, then shared hosting isn’t your best option. Instead, you can opt for VPS or dedicated servers. These subscriptions are more expensive, but they are worth considering. These provide bandwidth and disk space that is reserved only for your use. This means faster and smoother hosting for large projects. This opportunity is the best choice for large businesses.
Most Linux hosting providers use CDN (Content Distribution Network). Thanks to this feature, you need not worry about having the servers of your Host Provider in your country.
This is usually a major concern for good load times and uptimes. Thanks to CDN, your website is accessible from anywhere in the world, without delay.
CDN saves a cached version of your website and distributes it where needed. The most popular type of CDN is CloudFlare.
Because of these awesome features, you can create a dynamic and speedy website. These are the most important features to consider when creating a website. If your website loads just a fraction slower than that of your competitor, chances are you lose visitors.
Linux Hosting has a solution for all concerns about speed, bandwidth, disk space, servers, and uptimes. This way it ensures a 100% customer satisfaction to you and your visitors. Linux hosting covers all your needs.
How did we pick the best Linux Hosting?
By reviewing over a thousand Linux Hosting plans.
We use the acronym: PARCS. This is our standard upon which we judge all Hosting plans and bring you only the best.
PARCS is Performance, Accessibility, Reliability, Cost, and support. These are the key features of every hosting plan.
- When judging Performance, we are considering the service provider’s load speed, server extras, and technical specifications.
- For Accessibility, we think about the panels they use, how standardised and user-friendly the interface and the operating system are.
- Reliability is a very important criterion, so we pay extra attention to it: we look for 99,9% uptime guarantees and suitable CPU usage.
- For Cost, we judge upon price, Add-ons, and look for extra costs. Whether you need to make further purchases or it includes everything essential in the offer.
- And Support, well, the best is to have a robust support system. Preferably 24/7 with live chat or phone call availability. Because in this case, you can get help right away might you run into any trouble setting up your account. There is a huge Linux community out there that is always ready to help you troubleshoot, but having good customer service is still crucial.
Upon these criteria, we judge the Linux host providers and bring you only those that scored high on our list.
Why do I need Linux Hosting?
- This is the most affordable, budget-friendly option out there on the market. It offers rich hosting packages with many useful features.
- Linux Hosting is the most secure option out there. Because it is so prevalent, the security is very tight. As long as your website is online and regularly updated, it is well protected. Security is the greatest benefit; it is far superior to any other operating system.
- Linux is open source, this means server capabilities with greater customisation and user options. It is far more flexible than any other operating system. And because it is open-source, Linux Hosting is cost effective to the providers, who can return that money to you.
- Linux is very dependable. It has a large community, and it has been around for a long while. This means all bugs have been discovered and dealt with already. And it has an active community that constantly fine-tunes, adjusts and improves the system.
- Linux is simple to use. Incredibly user-friendly, a very easy system to manage. Because of its standardised panels migrating hosts is very easy. If you find a better offer or change your mind, then it will be very easy to move your website to another provider. Most popular apps like WordPress or Perl can run on Windows too, but they run much smoother on Linux OS. There is also the flexibility and dynamics of Linux Hosting because it is quick to adapt to all your needs.
- Within the current market Linux is the most stable platform. It rarely needs to be rebooted and rarely crashes. The performance of this operating system is almost unbeatable. It can be connected to many devices without a problem. It won’t crash when multitasking. And it runs on old servers.
What should I look for when buying Linux Hosting?
The most important point is to be mindful of what kind of website you want to create. And look for a package that satisfies all your needs. These are the questions you should ask yourself when planning to subscribe:
- Do you have enough bandwidth? Is the allocated web space enough for you? Will it be able to handle the traffic you are expecting?
- Can you upgrade later? What are the e-mail features? For an E-commerce store, check the functionality. If you start a blog and use CMS software, you will need MySQL in your package. This stores the pictures, comments, and content.
- Many Hosts offer an uptime guarantee of 99,9%. It is recommended that you choose one of these Host Providers. This means that their site is very reliable. If you come to experience extensive outages, these companies reimburse you for certain. They usually give you a free month of hosting.
- Security precautions are very important. Does it offer backup and SSL certificates? This is a crucial factor. For Google, the SSL certificate is one of the ranking factors. Having this will place you higher in search engines. Having SSL means the data between your site and user is encrypted, preventing stealth. This is especially important for e-commerce sites when visitors use a credit card.
- Domain hosting is another important point to consider. Do you have to buy it separately or is it included in your package? Without this, your site cannot go online.
- Do they have an around-the-clock support system? Even though the Linux community is very large and helpful, sometimes you might need support with your account. Troubleshooting on your own is fine, but it is more secure to have a technical team at your beck-and-call.
- And look into what products or tools are you intending to use. If you plan on using tools that are Microsoft, like Microsoft Access or .NET, Linux Hosting might not be for you.
Does Linus Hosting cost more?
No, it does not. Linux hosting has very competitive prices. Because Linux is an open-source operating system, Host Providers don’t have to pay license fees.
This makes the whole service less expensive.
This is especially true for shared hosting services. If you need VPS or dedicated servers, the prices might be a little higher but still very competitive.
Linux Hosting Pros and Cons
Like everything else, Linux Hosting also has advantages and disadvantages you must consider, before signing up for it.
We collected both advantages and disadvantages to make the choice easier for you.
- Linux is cheaper than any other alternative. This means that most of your resources, tools and software programs will be free.
- Linux operating system has an amazing reputation. It has even surpassed that of the Windows platform.
- Linux Hosting offers very appealing packages to customers.
- Linux is supported by a large community. This means constant development, evolution, and continuous troubleshooting.
- Linux runs on old servers.
- Flexible you can freely configure your front-end and back-end.
- Linux Hosting offers great uptime 99.9%.
- Great load times, with CDNs you can create easily accessible sites from everywhere.
- Tight security, almost no hacking. Security settings are customisable.
- Standardised panels mean migrating your website is easy.
- Linux Hosting does not support ASP, .NET and IIs and other Microsoft tools, like Microsoft Access.
- There is a rather steep learning curve. Even though you can customise your website freely, you might run into difficulties.
- Also, you will have to install some applications. Linux Hosting is flexible, so you might need to add other applications to achieve the desired result. Some of these might even need extra payment.
- There might be some migration issues if you want to switch from a Windows platform to a Linux one. It is better to use Linux Hosting as your starting point.
- Some say Windows is highly evolved compared to Linux Hosting. The latter being less developed than the Windows platform.
Linux is the most popular operating system in the world. And there is a good reason for it.
Choosing a Linux based hosting platform gives you low costs and great flexibility. You can create a unique website using Linux Hosting.
The greatest benefit is that all tools and systems work for great UX experience. And you can create a website that your visitors will love. Because it is unique, speedy and accessible.
These features with the impeccable security make Linux Hosting a great choice to your website.