Best Shared Hosting
Hosting is one of the most important things to consider when you want to build a website. To a large extent, the host you choose will determine the success of your website. So, you want to make the best hosting decision before building your website.
In the world of hosting, there are many choices. They are a shared hosting, managed hosting, dedicated hosting, and reseller hosting. Each hosting service has strengths and weaknesses. The key is to determine what will work best for you.
So, read, study and check all other hosting types before selecting one. Shared hosting is the most common, simplest and affordable type of hosting. This guide provides exclusive information to selecting the best-shared hosting for your website.
Shared hosting uses a single server to provide storage space, bandwidth, and memory for many websites. All the websites under the server share the resources. This reduces the cost of building a website and makes things easy.
The hosting plan requires no technical programming language. It comes with one-click installation of content management systems (CMSs) such as WordPress and Jômla. It offers support for various PHP versions and coding languages.
Based on the package you choose, you can also get a free SSL certificate. They make management easy with an in-built control panel. Users need not worry about getting technical expertise to control this system. It is easy to understand and manipulate.
, shared hosting is good for entry-level website owners. It helps to get a website online with little difficulty. Thus, it is the simplest option to get a website online. With a control panel and a one-click installation, the website will be up and online.
It is good for static and one-page websites. These types of websites contain less content and less management. The traffic on the site is also minimal. Since it involves a limited disk space and bandwidth usage, it serves as the most ideal.
The domains on the server share the same Central Processing Unit (CPU) and Random Access Memory (RAM). This makes the cost much more affordable for one website to bear. Thus, shared hosting is the cheapest and affordable option for those looking to get their first websites online.
Suitable users include small business owners, mortar & brick businesses, freelancers, bloggers, and personal blogs. It is a budget hosting service, allowing them to keep costs down while building a professional website.
A server administrator manages all domains under the same. The administrator handles data storage and bandwidth allocation. He ensures that all the websites have adequate resources and massive competition. But users can use their control panel to manage their websites.
There are myriads of shared hosting providers out there. Narrowing down on the best-shared hosting can be difficult and challenging. To make the right decision, start by looking at the performance, accessibility, reliability, service and support of the host.
Understanding the features of the host using these key metrics will help make the most informed decision possible. It will avoid making mistakes in choosing the wrong host for your blog or small business website. The following are details about the key metrics:
1. Performance: The server performance deals with load speed, technical specifications and other extras. How fast will your website load on the server? As traffic on your website grows, how fast will your website load?
The faster the load speed, the better the server host and the more effective your website will be. Looking at the disk space and the bandwidth size provided is very crucial for the web performance.
2. Accessibility: A simple control panel/dashboard is the key to manage the hosting. Thus, consider looking at the control panel and interface provided. Is it something you can understand? Does it have MYSQL, FTP, DNS and 1-click CMS installation dashboard? How does the operating system run?
3. Reliability: The higher the uptime percentage, the better. Uptime is how much of the time the server is up and running. When the server goes down, all websites sharing that server will also go down. Thus, uptime is crucial. The best-shared host has an uptime of 99.9% which is good.
The central processing unit (CPU) level of the server is also crucial. To avoid SPAM, malware and other virus attacks on the website, check the security features of the hosting package.
4. Service: Most shared hosting plans start from 2.99 USD and beyond. There are various packages: Linux and Windows Shared Hosting are the most popular.
Key features to look for in pricing includes disk space, CPU, scripts & languages, database, privacy protection, SSL provision, one-click installation application and the data centre location. Check extras and add-ons.
5. Support: Does the hosting provider have reliable customer service? Do they have a support centre to provide day-to-day technical help when issues arise? What support systems are available?, there should be options for email, phone, online chat and a support ticket. Turnaround turn should be 12 hours or better.
Most websites on the internet run on a shared hosting plan. The simplicity of these services makes it the most ideal for many people. It offers many incredible benefits which elude many people to try it. The following are some core reasons a shared hosting will be okay.
Easy maintenance and setup
Since Shared Hosting comes with an in-built control panel, it is easy to set up and build a website from scratch. Instead of struggling and worrying about complicated programming, users can use the one-click application installation feature to build their websites in a few minutes.
Support staff can also help in the installation process to get the entire set up done. They also offer SSL certificates and Cloudflare CDN Catching to optimise the site speed up and secure it. Server administrators can also set up an automatic backup in the web host for users.
Huge Array of Hosting Features to Customise Website
The Best Shared Hosting Service provides the best online user experience possible. These features can help customise website look, appearance and operations. Thus, website developers can use many tools to design an attractive website.
They can even set up unlimited email accounts for all the staff of the website through the cPanel. Based on the service features, it can support unlimited sub-domains of the website.
Affordable and attractive pricing for all entry-level website owners
Shared hosting services are the cheapest and most affordable plan online. This makes it easy for many people to get their foot online. The attractive nature of the hosting price draws a crowd of people to try it out. The host providers also offer first-buyers with promos. These promos cut down the initial cost of buying the service.
But it is very important to read and know the renewal prices. Reading the terms and agreements before making purchases is a smart decision. It will avoid having further issues with the host.
If you are a first-timer buying a web shared hosting, you may get a promotional offer. This will reduce the cost of building your website. Before you buy, look out for:
Scale: Is it easy to upgrade your hosting package? As your business and website grow, you might need an upgrade. Thus, a hosting provider with an auto-scaling option makes it easy to start with the least package.
At the same time, there is the flexibility to upgrade as you go along. When the site needs an upgrade, the customer support can help make the change.
Security: The problem of Shared Hosting is that users might not know their neighbours. That means if one site has a virus or malware, it can spread among other websites on the server. So, security is a key concern when making the buying decision. How do they handle malware attacks and other security threats?
What support is available? Are there plans for firewalls and network monitoring? What is the safety of the backup contents on the site?
Service Terms: Does the web host offer a money-back guarantee in case of a mistake in the buying process? If they do, how many days do they offer that? The top hosting providers usually offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. They provide the best services.
This includes a high uptime, memory, disk space, bandwidth, and support system. Consider the payment mediums available.
Service Reviews: Read reviews and customer testimonials to help make the right decision. Take a closer look at server features of the host. Choosing a good host with a sound reputation is key. This minimises ongoing problems when using the services.
If you are looking for the most affordable way to host your site, then shared hosting is for you. The server is being shared among other website owners. So, you all pay a bit of the total price, instead of bearing the entire cost of the server.
This keeps the price very affordable for anyone on a limited budget and looking to get a website online. The price can range from two dollars and upwards, based on the plan selected.
Compared with VPS and Dedicated Hosting, Shared Hosting is the cheapest you can get.
Different hosting providers will have different prices. So check hosting providers such as HostGator, Blue Host, InMotion, and SiteGround. Compare the prices and features. If there are promos, check how it reflects on your initial cost.
Before you make your final decision, look at the strengths and weaknesses. This will help you know what you will get after making the buying decision. It will also enable you to handle the downsides.
The following are the weaknesses of the Shared Hosting Plan.
1. It has limited storage and bandwidth resources for the site.
2. The site’s speed can reduce when traffic grows.
3. Other websites can overburden the server.
4. You might not know your neighbouring sites on the server.
5. You can’t customise many parts of your hosting.
6. Your website can get exposed to malware attacks from other sites.
7. The site can crash when there is a traffic spike.
The following are the strengths of the Shared Hosting Plan.
1. It is a cheap and affordable hosting service.
2. It has many levels of a shared hosting package.
3. It comes with an inbuilt C-panel.
4. It needs little-to-no technical expertise to manage.
5. It is the most ideal plan for starters or small websites.
6. It is the most preferred package for small blogs.
7. There’s no need to worry about server management.
Shared hosting is very simple and easy to start with. Because there is no special technical expertise, you don’t have to worry about many things. With a custom domain name and shared hosting, you can build a one-page website for your business.
If you want to build a small business, personal blog or freelance site, then a shared hosting package is the best. Even though it has downsides, when you weigh the strengths against it, you’ll realise that it is worth the bet.
Best of all, you can upgrade to higher hosting packages as your website gets more traffic. You don’t have to burn a lot of cash to get your website online.
- What is Shared Hosting Used For?
- How Do I Pick the Best-Shared Hosting?
- Why Do I Need Shared Hosting?
- Easy maintenance and setup
- Huge Array of Hosting Features to Customise Website
- Affordable and attractive pricing for all entry-level website owners
- What should I look for when buying Shared Hosting?
- Does shared hosting cost more?
- Shared hosting pros & cons
- Shared hosting cons
- Shared hosting pros